I'm now on Ravelry

I got my invite to join Ravelry. Wow, there is an amazing amount of useful information on there.

Last night I went through part of my stash - a lot of single skeins of pretty yarn, but I have no idea what to make. Impulse buys early in my knitting career. Pretty colors and lush textures. Bunches of Noro, Koigu etc.

Well, I did a search for the yarn - even the specific color - am most yarns came up with numerous projects. Very inspiring.

I now have put aside a beautiful skein of Berroco Ultra Alpaca to try my hand at the Koolhaas hat from teh Holiday issue of Interweave Knits. It looks like a real challenge for me, but lots of fun. Seems I will really understand reading a chart if I can make this project.

If I didn't have work the next morning, I would have research every single yarn in my stash last night. Find ideas and even print out the instructions. I see a fun winter weekend project.

Comments