Fingerless Gloves in Cashmere

If you may remember, I tried knitting a pair of fingerless gloves last month. I had trouble finding the correct yarn so I substituted and also used a larger needles size. The gloves were big and floppy and rolled on either end.

Well, I mail ordered the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino from Seaport Yarns. They were out of the apple green, so got a coffee brown. I got the yarn in a few days. In the long run I'll end up wearing this conservative color more often.

The gloves turned out great except for the picot edge. No matter how small the needles are and no matter how tight I pull the stitches, the picot still made the knuckle edge curl. So I reknit a plain bind off using needles two sizes smaller, US 4, than the rest of the gloves. I'm very happy with these and have worn them several times this week. Very cushy soft. Many friends have oohed and aahed over them. I've promised a pair to my friend Evie in purple cashmere. Hope Debbie Bliss makes that color and it is in stock someplace.

And true to the designer's claim, the gloves are perfect for carrying a hot cup of java while walking in the cold.

Comments