Frustrating hat & no camera


I haven't posted in a while mainly because my husband has been using my camera. We had two cameras, but one broke in Belize and when he needs stills for his documentary films, I don't have a camera. He has been editing all week.

But, I have it back for
the moment. Firs to all I finally finished what I call my waiting room scarf. In the past few months i have spent numerous hours in dentist waiting rooms and this allowed me to knit this big scarf. You can see it is wider than a dollar bill. It is also 3 1/2 feet long. Very heavy, but it kept me sane during my dental agony. I go back tot he dentist next week to have an impression made, so I need to pick out a new waiting room project.

Here is a project which has been an agony itself. After a number of false starts and mess up, I was on the fourth time after having frogged it. I was just starting the decreases when I decided to read the next part of the pattern. And this is why you should always read the entire pattern before you start.
First it gives you the main pattern, then it gives you the crown decreases. This is followed by a paragraph saying that before you do these you need to do 3 rounds of ribbing. Now why would you need put that info at the beginning. So I frogged the whole thing and knitted it a fifth time. I am up to the decreases and hope to finish soon. Also, if you look closely, you can see my first cable stitches.

I had lunch with the very pregnant Justine today at Whole Foods. She picked out the bulky hat. I emailed her Blue Sky alpaca color swatches. It wil be my first hat by request.

Comments